HYDROCARBON POLLUTION REMEDIATION PROJECT (HYPREP)
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
LOUIS HOUSE, NO. 350, PORT HARCOURT-ABA EXPRESSWAY PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA
PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR REMEDIATION OF SIMPLE AND COMPLEX HYDROCARBON IMPACTED SITES IN OGONI LAND, NIGERIA, AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR DESIGN OF CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL RESTORATION ALONG WITH AN INTEGRATED CONTAMINATED SOIL MANAGEMENT CENTRE
As part of its commitment to implement the recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report, on Environmental Assessment of Ogoniland (2011), the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) Federal Ministry of Environment, wishes to procure the services of suitably qualified and experienced Contractors to undertake the remediation of hydrocarbon impacted soil and groundwater at designated oil-spill sites in Ogoniland In addition, HYPREP intends to procure the services of suitably qualified and experienced consultants for the design of the Centre of Excellence for Environmental Restoration (COEER) along with an Integrated Contaminated Soils Management Centre (ICSMC).
SCOPE OF WORKS/SERVICES
The scope for the remediation works and the Terms of Reference for the design of the Centre of Excellence and Integrated Contaminated Soil Management Centre are as categorized below:
CATA: Prequalification for Remediation of Complex Hydrocarbon Impacted Sites
The scope is to develop Remedial Action Plans (RAP) and undertake remediation of the impacts of hydrocarbon contamination in soil and groundwater at designated sites in Ogoniland. The scope of groundwater remediation includes the recovery and disposal of free phase products and removal of dissolved phase hydrocarbon to drinking water standard specified by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA).
CATB: Prequalification for Remediation of Simple Hydrocarbon impacted Sites.
The scope is to develop Remedial Action Plans (RAP) and undertake the remediation of the impacts of hydrocarbon contamination in soil, including recovery and disposal of free phase product at designated and certified facilities.
CATC: Expression of Interest for the Design of a COEER and ICSMC.
The scope of the services is to design and produce engineering drawings, Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (BEME) for the construction of the Centre of Excellence for Environmental Remediation (CoEER) with a demonstration facility for Integrated Contaminated Soil Management Centre( ICSMC) comprising, biochemical processes, physical techniques, and thermal methods for soil remediation within Ogoniland.
PRE-QUALIFICATION/ EXPRESSION OF INTEREST REQUIREMENTS
Interested Companies/Firms are required to submit the following information/documents to demonstrate their adequate possession of qualified personnel, experience, equipment and financial capacity necessary for the satisfactory completion of the assignment:
1. Company Data:
• Company name
• Business address (not P.O. Box)
• Name and phone number (must be capable of receiving text messages) of the primary contact person
• mail address
2. Evidence of company registration in country of domicile, ownership/share allotment details, and names/nationalities of directors (for Nigerian companies this should be Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Form C02 and Form C07).
(3) Evidence of firm’s Current Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2021.
(4) Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate till 31st December 2021. (Nigeria companies only).
(5) Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2021. (Nigeria companies only)
(6) Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2021. (Nigeria companies only)
(7) Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants, and Service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) not expiring before 31st December 2021 or valid certificate issued by BPP (Nigeria companies only).
(8) Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company/Firm and attesting that all information presented in its bids are true and correct;
(9) Evidence of company’s registration with Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or equivalent regulatory agency in the country of domicile for Non-Nigerian companies(For category COEER & ICSMC).
(10) Company’s audited accounts for the last three years(2018, 2019& 2020), with a minimum average annual turnover of NGN 1 billion for category A, NGN 100 Million for category B and NGN 50 Million for category C (or USD Equivalent).
(11) Evidence of experience in similar works/Services:
CATA: ComplexSites: Evidence of having undertaken contracting/consulting services in the development of at least Five (5) similar projects in terms of scale and complexity. Method statement for remediation of hydrocarbon contamination in soil and groundwater along with the execution of associated remediation works within the last ten (10) years. Executed works must have been of a similar scope and complexity to those proposed and should have been undertaken within similar tropical environments to those found within Ogoniland with letters of Awards; Valuation/completion certificates, project photographs, full authorized client contact information (name, e-mail Si phone).
Evidence of experience should also include the following remediation processes: containment, pump- and-treat, extraction, stabilization/solidification, soil washing, air stripping, precipitation, vitrification, thermal desorption, incineration and biological remediation.
CAT B: SimpleSites: Evidence of at least two (2) remediation works carried out in the last 5 years similar in terms of scale and complexity (letters of Awards, Valuation/completion certificates, project photographs; full client contact information: name, e-mail & phone).
CAT C: Centre of Excellence and Integrated Contaminated Soil Management Centre. Evidence of Five (5) Similar Services render in the Last 10 years (Letters of Commissioning, Valuation/completion certificates, full client contact information: name, designation, e-mail Si phone).
(12) Evidence of ownership of relevant equipment or lease agreement (For category A & B only).
(13) Reference letter from a licensed reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project.
(14) Company’s profile with complete curriculum vitae of key professional staff to be deployed on the project, detailing their experience and expertise relevant to the assignment, current contact information (telephone and email address) including copies of academic qualifications, professional registration certificates, and current practice licenses.
(15) Interested Nigerian companies/Firms that may not, on their own, meet the above requirements are strongly encouraged to associate and partner with suitably qualified international companies in order to enhance their qualifications.
(16) Non-Nigerian companies/Firms applying for prequalification or Expression of Interest should note that they have to enter into Joint Venture agreement with a Nigerian company as local technical partner in compliance with Presidential Executive Order No.5 of February 2018 and other Nigerian local content development laws & regulations. Evidence to be provided should be in the form of a signed/notarized Memorandum Understanding or Agreement defining the roles of each party.
(17) In the case of joint ventures, or consortia, comprising only Nigerian companies, each company must provide all of the above requested information/documents. Non-Nigerian companies should, in lieu of Items 4 to 7 above, provide evidence of compliance with statutory requirements to participate in public procurements in their primary country of domicile. Nigerian companies applying as part of a joint venture, or consortium, with Non- Nigerian companies, must however provide all the above-listed information/document.
(18) Current Registration with Nigerian National Oil Spill Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA) or its equivalent in the country of domicile
4. PREPARATION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION/ EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENTS
Bidders are required to prepare two (2) hard copies and One (1) soft copy of the Pre-Qualification/ Expression of Interest Documents, with the required information/documents arranged in the order in which they appear in Section 3above, with dividers to separate each section, and with each sheet duly signed by an authorized representative of the Bidder, and paginated.
Completed Documents are to been closed and sealed in a plain brown envelope marked with appropriate Title as categorized (A,B&C) with the name of the company/Firm, joint venture or consortium written on the reverse side, and addressed to:
The Project Coordinator,
Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project Louis House,
350, Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. All submissions must be in the English language and signed by an official authorized by the company/Firms. Supporting document, such as official certificates, may be in another language provided each is accompanied by an accurate English language translation.
5. SUBMISSION OF BID DOCUMENTS
Completed documents are to be delivered by hand or registered post, and deposited at the designated tender box(es) at the Annex Conference Room, Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, Louis House, No.350 Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria not later than 12:00 hours (Nigerian Time) of Tuesday 10 August 2021.
Bidders should ensure that they sign the Bid Submission Register as HYPREP will not be held liable for misplaced or inappropriate submission.
All documents for submission are to be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter on the Company/Firm’s headed paper bearing among others, the registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or as applicable in the country of domicile contact address, telephone number (preferably GSM) and email address. The headed paper must bear the names and nationalities of the directors of the company at the bottom page and be duly signed by the chief executive or other authorized officer of the Companies/firm.
You need to login to view the rest of the content. Please Login
. Not a Member? Join Us