REGIONAL AGENCY FOR AGRICULTURE AND FOOD AGENCE RÉGIONALE POUR L’AGRICULTURE ET L’ALIMENTATION AGÊNCIA REGIONAL DA AGRICULTURA E ALIMENTAÇÃO
CALL FOR BIDS TO SUPPLY AND DELIVER 1130 TONS OF CEREAL TO THE REGIONAL FOOD SECURITY RESERVE
1. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Regional Food Security Reserve (RFSR) was established in 2013 as the third line of defense for preventing and managing food crises in the sub-region. Accordingly, the Operationalization of this Reserve began in 2015, with the implementation of the Food Security Storage Support Project in West Africa funded by the European Union. It is important to mention that the Regional Security Food Reserve is made of grains such as millets-sorghum, maize, rice, enriched cereals and”garri” (milled cassava), which is often used to support ECOWAS Member States when they are facing food crisis.
2. Therefore, the ECOWAS Commission, on behalf of the Regional Agency for Agriculture and Food (RAAF) hereby invites sealed bids for the supply and delivery of 1130 tons of cereals to the Regional Food Security Reserve as indicated below:
||Quantity (Metric ton)
||Place of Delivery
||Lot No1: White maize produced in West Africa;
||Lot No2: White sorghum produced in West Africa
||Lot No3: Millet produced in West Africa
3. Bids SHALL be valid for a period of 120 days after Bid Opening and must be accompanied by a Bid Security (ORIGINAL Bank Guarantee) for each lot as indicated below:
● Lot No 1: The sum of US$1738 or its equivalent in one of the currencies of one of the ECOWAS member countries.
● Lot No 2: The sum of US$1,587 or its equivalent in one of the currencies of one of the ECOWAS member countries;
● Lot No 3: The sum US$5,244 or its equivalent in one of the currencies of one of the ECOWAS member countries;
The Bid Security SHALL REMAIN VALID for 150 Days.
4. The three (3) lots are distinct and indivisible, and the contract will be awarded per lot. Interested bidders with the requisite qualification and experience may bid for one (1) or for more than one (1) lot.
5. The Bidding Document is only obtainable upon submission of a written request and payment of one hundred US Dollars (US$100) only by Cash or Bank Draft made in favour of ECOWAS Commission, Abuja. The Document is available at the Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration, ECOWAS Commission, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, Abuja, Nigeria,
You need to login to view the rest of the content. Please Login
. Not a Member? Join Us