EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: SELECTION OF A CONSULTANCY FIRM FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY FOR THE ECOWAS INTEGRATED REGIONAL STRATEGY FOR HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
PERIOD OF ADVERTISEMENT: 17 SEPTEMBER 2020 – TO 07TH OCTOBER 2020
CLIENT: ECOWAS COMMISSION
SOURCE OF FUNDING: ECOWAS BUDGET
TYPE: EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
SELECTION OF A CONSULTANCY FIRM FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY FOR THE ECOWAS INTEGRATED REGIONAL STRATEGY FOR HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT
1. The ECOWAS Commission intends to use its resources to finance a service contract with a consulting firm (could be a single firm, a consortium or partnership thereof) that will be responsible for the development of a communications strategy for the ECOWAS Integrated Regional Strategy for Human Capital Development.
2. The main objective is to develop a communications strategy to promote and facilitate human capital development in the West African region.
3. The overall duration of the assignment is estimated at 90 days, which can be extended if necessary, based on the needs of the ECOWAS Commission as well as the contracted firm’s satisfactory performance.
4. The ECOWAS Commission invites Consulting Firms as communication agencies for the development of a communications strategy for the ECOWAS Integrated Regional Strategy for Human Capital Development to submit their candidacy for the services described above. Interested, eligible and qualified consulting firms must provide full information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced in providing similar services.
The criteria for shortlisting are as follows:
(a) General Experience of the firm – Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated relevant experience delivering global and pan-African communications campaigns, developing strategic communications strategies, producing and executing social media strategies and content;
(b) Specific experience – Prior communications consulting experience in the areas of health, education, and social development is preferred; development cooperation and public sector experience (prior experience working with international institutions, regional organizations, or donors as well as prior experience working with clients in West Africa (or similar contexts) is strongly preferred);
(c) Availability of Relevant Staff to be assigned to the ECOWAS project, showing full list of staff along with their respective CVs providing details on competencies (At least a Masters or bachelor’s degree in either Communications, public relations, marketing, or relevant fields) as well as relevant experience in Human Development issues.
(d) Language: Strong English skills, with French skills strongly preferable. Translation capabilities required in absence of working French abilities.
NB: In addressing the above listed criteria, consulting firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all claims made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, etc. Each reference provided should be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered and accepted only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided, covering excerpts of contract (inner cover page; page with the signatures and the Terms of Reference) along with attestation(s) of good performance of each contract presented.
5. Interested Consulting firms may apply as a consortium or partnership to ensure and/or boost their consolidated capacities to execute the assignment.