FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
– REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE IDENTIFICATION AND SELECTION OF INCUBATORS FOR THE LIFE-ND PROJECT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT IFAD ASSISTED LIVELIHOOD IMPROVEMENT FAMILY ENTERPRISE NIGER DELTA (LIFE-ND) PROJECT
NATIONAL PROJECT COORDINATOR OFFICE (NPCO)
ISSUED DATE: 29 MAY, 2020
PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE IDENTIFICATION AND SELECTION OF INCUBATORS FOR THE LIFE-ND PROJECT
RFP NO: NPCO/CONS/QUBS/004/2020
1. The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) toward the implementation of the Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Project. This project is aimed at enhancing income, job creation and food security through Agribusiness enterprise development in a sustainable manner for the Niger Delta region LIFE-ND intends to apply part of the funding to eligible payments under the contract for the procurement of consultancy Project services for the identification and selection of incubators for the LIFE-ND project.
Accordingly, the National Project Coordinator Office LIFE-ND invites reputable Consulting firms with proven competence and experience to submit proposals for the execution of the service as stated above
2. CONSULTING SERVICES THE SERVICES CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING
The project development objective is to enhance income, food security and job creation for rural youths and women through agric-enterprise development on sustainable basis using the incubation model. The achievement of the project objective at the end of the project life will be measured by the following indicators:
i. at least 25,500 for direct beneficiaries of youth and women agri-enterprises directly strengthened or created;
ii. 50 percent increase in volume of produce by direct beneficiaries,
iii. 50 percent increase in volume of marketed produce by direct beneficiaries,
iv. 25 percent value addition is realized through processed produce product
v. 50 percent increase in profit is realized by direct beneficiaries engaged in agri-enterprise
vi. 80 percent of direct beneficiaries (20400) have increased their food security, increased their assets by at least 50 percent and are practicing improved product handling and marketing:
vii. 50 percent of rural institution promoting youth based profitable agri-enterprises are Shunted and strengthen
viii. Beneficiaries able to access at least 24,000ha of land for agribusiness and
ix. 10,000 beneficiaries are using improved technologies.
The primary target groups are 25,500 youths aged 18 to 35 years and women-headed households with children below 15 years old as incubates apprentices that will come out of the incubation system with their own profitable agri-enterprises and decent jobs, and eventually serve as incubators themselves
The secondary target groups are 600 established and potential enterprise incubators who will be identified on the basis of their involvement in market linkage activities, adoption of out-grower model; experience in incubation of new enterprises: technical, financial managerial and infrastructure capacity to provide enterprise incubation services to incubatees/apprentices
The overall objective of the assignment is to engage reputable Consultant(s) who will work in consultation with the community, the incubators and other key stakeholders such as trusted civil societies, CBOS, Community leaders and LGA representatives to identify and assess unemployed and underemployed youths aged between 18 and 35 years and women headed households with children below 15 years; for possible selection as primary beneficiaries (incubates/apprentices) of the LIFE-ND Project.
The specific objectives are to:
a. Identify eligible candidates using the prescribed eligibility criteria
b. Assess their willingness to participate in the project
c. Identify the agribusinesses the candidates are interested in.
d. Identify the limitations of the candidates and advise appropriately,
e. Select potential candidates for consideration by community stakeholders as well as the incubators, trusted civil societies, CBOS, community leaders and representatives
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC2 and CAC7
2. Evidence of Company Income Tax clearance certificate for the last three (3)years (2017,2018 & 2019) valid till 31st December, 2020
3. Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2020
4. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020
5. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020
6. Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019)
7. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the consulting services when needed.
8. Company profile
4. COLLECTION OF PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS
Interested Consulting firms can obtain the Proposal document by sending a mail to this email address: lifendnpeollife-nd.org.ng and indepcodymail.com requesting for the proposal document for the procurement of Consultancy Services for the identification and selection of incubators for the LIFE-ND Project
5. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Instructions regarding preparation and submission of the proposal are contained in the RFP document.
6. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals must be delivered to the address below at or before 10.00am local time on Thursday 2nd July, 2020. Late proposals will be rejected. Proposals will be opened in the presence of the bidders or representatives who choose to attend at the address below on 2nd July, 2020 at 10am local time.
The National Project Coordinator,
IFAD assisted Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise
Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Project,
6, Woji Road. GRA Phase 2,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com