FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES, ABUJA-
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS AUDIT FOR THE TRANSFORMING IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA (TRIMING) PROJECT
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES
TRANSFORMING IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA PROJECT
PROJECT ID NO: P123112
CREDIT NO: CR 5506-NG
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL SAFEGUARDS AUDIT FOR THE TRANSFORMING IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA (TRIMING) PROJECT
DATE: 25TH AUGUST, 2021
REFERENCE NO. (FMWR/TRIMING/2021/CQS/CS/01
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
CONSULTING SERVICES (FIRMS SELECTION)
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) is currently implementing the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) project with a credit received from the International Development Association (IDA) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The TRIMING project Development Objective is to improve access to irrigation and drainage services and to strengthen institutional arrangement for integrated water resources management and agriculture service delivery in selected large-scale public schemes in Northern Nigeria
The Objective of the Assignment
The specific objective of this assignment will be to assess and establish the performance of the project activities in compliance with the TRIMING Project’s Integrated Pest Management approach. Environmental and Social Safeguards especially as outlined by the project’s Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), the Project Appraisal Document (PAD), Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAS), Environmental and Social Management Plans, (ESMPs) and Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs) prepared for all civil works contracts in the participating irrigation schemes of Bakolori irrigation scheme (BIS), Kano River Irrigation Scheme (KRIs). Hadeija Valley Irrigation Scheme (HVIS) and Dadin Kowa Irrigation Scheme (DKIS) in order to develop a sustainable environmental and social management system (ESMS) in line with Nigeria’s environmental policies and laws and the World Bank Safeguard Policies.
The scope of the services would include, but not limited to:
The specific tasks for the Environmental and Social Safeguards Audit shall include but not limited to the following
• Develop an Inventory of all sub-projects in all participating irrigation schemes vis-à-vis compliance with the PAD, ESMF, ESMP, RPF, PMP, etc. in addition to an assessment of the safeguard operational constraints and concerns facing the project
• Verify compliance with Nigerian’s laws and regulations, World Bank Operational policies on the projects for all environmental and social aspects
• Assess the level of Implementation of and adherence to the mitigation measures/management plans prescribed in each scheme’s site specific Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) during implementation and operational phases of the sub-project
• Investigate the environmental and social performance such as the evaluation of all environmental, and health and safety, concerns in terms of past and current impacts and compliance with relevant standards
• Assess the Monitoring plan as captured in the ESMP’s and implementation of the GBV prevention and Response Plan as well as labour influx.
• Assess the quantity of FPMU supervision and coordination of the implementation of the