FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES-
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF PROJECT COMPLETION REPORT USING INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES
AFDB-ASSISTED RURAL WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION SUB-PROGRAMMES IN YOBE AND OSUN STATES
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF PROJECT COMPLETION REPORT USING INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 5TH AUGUST, 2021
RURAL WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION PROGRAMMES
LOAN NO: 2100150015645
PROJECT NO: P-NG-E00-002
PROJECT ID NO: FMWR/AFDB/RWSSI/LOAN/SERVICES/001/21
1. The Government of Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a loan from the African Development Fund (ADF), towards the cost of Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme and executed by the Federal Ministry of Water Resources. The Federal Ministry of Water Resources intends to apply part of the agreed amount of this loan to eligible payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for the preparation of project completion report.
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the assignment is to evaluate the extent to which the project has met the project development objective and indicators in the result framework.
3. SCOPE AND TASK OF THE CONSULTANT’S ASSIGNMENT
The Consultant will work with Executing Agency Team and in his/her lead role perform the following amongst others:
• Carry out a desk review of all project documents and files with the view to become familiar with them;
• Participate in visits to the project site to verify the completion of the project and hold fact-finding sessions with the Executing Agencies of the project and other relevant State institutions and donors
• Conduct interviews, meetings, and survey on socio economic situation as well as level of the beneficiaries’ awareness on the performance of the project.
• Review the performance of the Executing Agencies with particular emphasis on their financial performance;
• Assess the performance of the different contractors, suppliers and consultants, as well as the auditors with respect to the technical aspects of the implementation of the project;
• Compare actual projects implementation, performance with appraisal estimates;
• Comment on the attainment of the projects objectives and the sustainability of the projects outputs;
• Review and comment on the performance of the executing agencies, State Government, independent Auditors, the African Development Bank and other donors which are working in the sector of the States.
• Review the financial, social and economic viability of the projects by assessing the social and economic impact of each projects;
• Data analysis of project outputs, outcomes including unanticipated projects outcomes, job creation, gender issues and employment opportunities, and formulate conclusions, draw out lessons and recommendations for future operations, conduct sustainable livelihood assessment in order to identify the potential development for further improving the socio-economic condition in the project areas.
• Collate the preparation of a detailed project Completion Reports for the project in line with the Bank’s format, and
• Present the report to the client and undertake corrections and amendments as may be requested by the client.