EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSTRUCTION OF SOLAR DRYER DOMES
CONSTRUCTION OF SOLAR DRYER DOMES
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, through its “SEDIN NICOP Project, in Abuja, Nigeria’ commissioned by the European Union and Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany, invites qualified construction companies to express their interest, for the project described below:
- CONSTRUCTION OF 3 SOLAR DRYER DOMES
THE SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Solar dryer dome should consist of a parabolic shaped roof in which the structure is made up of galvanized iron bars covered with polycarbonate sheets on a concrete floor for the drying of agricultural products such as tomatoes, chili, spices and fruits Inside should be an array of trays on which the products can be placed for efficient drying. It should have an alternative source of power for supplementary heating, to ensure continuous drying in the case of rainy/cloudy days.
• The polycarbonate should be made of 2-3mm UV stabilized food grade polycarbonate (PC) sheet. The polycarbonate must be sealed with appropriate UV resistant sealant, UV mark and Food grade certificate from manufacture is mandatory.
• It should have a capacity of drying 1000 kg-1200kg within 3-4 days attaining a moisture content of about 5-8% for chili and 10-11% for tomatoes.
• The size should range from 7.5x 18m to 8.5x25m
• The trays should be rust free, food grade trays, stainless steel or relevant
• The doors should have appropriate sealant to prevent air infiltration
• Low reflecting, black paint must be non-toxic or relevant coating technology
• The air draught opening of the dryer must have steel mesh preferably air filter to restrict insect and minimize debris
• The solar dome should rest on a concrete base that is 1.5m wider than the size of the dome. The concrete base should be 150mm mass concrete reinforced with 6mm brc wire mesh.
• All parts/components should be low weathering specifications to withstand outdoors effects of weather under local climatic conditions for a minimum period of 10 years (except for the polycarbonate which may require replacement 5 years).
• The alternate source of power should be wood or gas but preferably wood.
Accordingly, GIZ invites interested and qualified construction companies with proven experience to express their interest by furnishing GIZ Nigeria Country Office with the following: