GRAND CEREAL LIMITED-
REQUEST FOR BID FOR MANAGEMENT OF STAFF CANTEEN
GRAND CEREAL LIMITED
REQUEST FOR BID
Grand Cereals Limited (“GCL’), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc is running a competitive tender process to select and appoint a contractor for the operation and management of its Staff Canteen located at its Jos Factory, KM 17 Za’ang Roundabout, Jos Plateau State.
2. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The following submission guidelines and Information requirements shall apply to companies responding to this Request for Proposal (‘RFP’ or ‘Document’)
(1) Executive Summary of your proposal
(2) Company or business registration documents (Certificate of Incorporation/Registration, Memorandum, and Articles of Association, CAC Form7, CAC Form 2A)
(3) Valid License to function as a Food Handler and Caterer.
(4) All canteen personnel must be fully kitted with their hairs covered with hairnets or headcovers. (PPE)
(5) Provide an HSE policy if available.
(6) Minimum of 5 years of professional catering experience (factory experience will be an advantage)
(7) Valid VAT certificate
(8) Minimum capital base of N5milllon to serve a minimum of 250 people daily, approximately 7,500 plates seamlessly across 2 shifts per month.
(9) At least three (3) non-bidder owned customer references for whom the bidder has provided similar services during the past 3 years preceding the bid due date
(10) Maintain the following valid insurances:
• Workmen Compensation policy- Statutory limits
• Group Life cover-Statutory limits
• Fidelity guarantee cover- N10,000,000 per occurrence
• Third-Party Liability cover – N50,000,000 per occurrence
• Professional Indemnity Cover-N25,000,000 per occurrence
The proposal should be concise but include:
(1) Previous experiences in similar contracts
(2) Demonstrated excellence in service
(3) Contractor’s workers’ qualifications/eligibility and number of employees
(4) Proposed cost of meals
(5) Menu and meal options
(6) Declaration that own business is not dismissed from participating in or provision of food handling/catering services within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
(7) Background Information on the principal(s) or Key person(s) of your company who will be associated with the contract.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the response to the Information requested above. All areas must be addressed for the proposal to be considered responsive.
All proposals in response to this RFP should be submitted electronically or hand-delivered, and no later than 17:00 (WAT) on Friday, 20 August 2021 to the contact persons named below. Proposals submitted after the aforementioned time and date will not be considered for evaluation.
Proposals should be titled “GC L Bid Submission” and addressed to
Grand Cereals Limited
KM 17 Za’ang Roundabout, OR
Jos, Plateau State.
• Respondents will assume full responsibility for their choice of method of submission of proposals, assumes no responsibility for delays caused by any delivery service.
• Award notification: GCL Intends to award this contract in September 2021 subject to review of the RFPs and Internal approvals.