HEARTLAND ALLIANCE LTD/GTE
– REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS ON CONSULTANCY TO CONDUCT GENDER ANALYSIS FOR HEARTLAND ALLIANCE LTD/GTE ON THE KP CARE 1 PROJECT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS ON
CONSULTANCY TO CONDUCT GENDER ANALYSIS FOR
HEARTLAND ALLIANCE LTD/GTE ON THE KP CARE 1 PROJECT
RFP NO.: HALTDIGTE/KPCARE1/ GENDER ANALYSIS CONSULTANCY/07/2020/011
RFP SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 28 JULY 2020, 5 PM.
Heartland Alliance LTD/GTE (HALG) through the KP_CARE 1 project is working to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS on Key Populations and their sexual partners. This is carried out by working with CBO organizations, establishment of community centers, strengthening partnerships across sectors, communities, and related stakeholders. KP_CARE 1 provides comprehensive package of HIV prevention and treatment services, management of sexually transmitted infections (STI), and other ancillary services to KP groups using gender responsive human rights-based approach. Heartland Alliance LTD GTE (HALG) is currently seeking an experienced corporate body to conduct a gender analysis on the KP CARE 1 project in Lagos, Cross River and Akwa Ibom.
1. Identify the extent to which gender roles and norms affect access to and utilization of HIV continuum of care
a. Identify inequalities that may impede achieving the program goal.
2. Examine harmful gender norms and practices that affect sexual behavior, risk-taking, health seeking behavior, HIV disclosure and violence experience and perpetuation
3. Assess GBV response availability, adequacy, and quality of clinical and non-clinical post GBV services
4. Identify policies, laws and legal practices that discriminate against women, men and/or vulnerable populations and increase negative impact of HIV AIDS.
5. Examine the relationship between gender and access to income and productive resources including education, that may increase HIV infection vulnerabilities and access to HIV continuum of care and other health care services.
1. Work plan
2. Gender Analytical framework
3. Protocol that includes simple plan, timeline for fieldwork etc.
4. Questionnaires and tools (Discussion Guide and Interview questions for the different categories of respondents)
5. A Comprehensive gender analysis study report including findings and recommendations
6. Debrief On findings and recommendations