JIGAWA STATE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA-
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF URBAN WATERWORKS IN URBAN AREAS (KAZAURE AND BIRNIN KUDU) IN JIGAWA STATE
JIGAWA STATE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
(JIGAWA STATE WATER BOARD SHUWARIN, DUTSE JIGAWA)
INVITATION TO TENDER
The Government of Jigawa State through the State Water Board, with support from UNICEF, hereby invites tenders from reputable firms for the assessment of urban waterworks in urban areas (Kazaure and Birnin Kudu) in Jigawa State.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
Technical Assessment: Assess all parts of the water facilities, including but not limited to:
(1) The electro-mechanical, electrical and mechanical parts of the water facilities
(2) The unit operations and unit processes in the water treatment facilities
(3) The quality of the water produced (including residual chlorine) from the treatment plants and boreholes and distributed
(4) The annual revenue generation systems employed by the Water Boards and compare the monies generated with the costs of production of water. The cost shall also include the staff cost in the water facilities and water board staff contribution to the cost.
(5) The supply chain for consumables such as diesel, chlorine, alum, spare parts
(6) The production and maintenance schedules of the water facilities
(7) The maintenance plans, schedules, and processes
(1) Develop an improvement plan with immediate short-term action that can be used to improve the capacities of the water facilities
(2) Provide design documents (Bills of Quantities, drawings, cost of construction, risk assessment, etc.) for improving the capacities of the water facilities.
(3) Carry out a production cost-revenue generation cost analysis to determine the financial viability of the water facilities
(4) Provide water facilities expansion plan to meet the demand for 5, 10, 15, and 20 years, including capital investment. This shall include the possibility to serve rural areas around the trunk lines.
(5) Recommend tariff structure that is required to implement the expansion plans.
(6) Current accessibility and use of the produced water.
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
Companies interested in the project are to submit company profiles which must contain the following:
(a) Evidence of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
(b) Current Tax Clearance Certificate.
(c) Company s audited financial account (indicating turnover) and funding information over the past 3 years endorsed by a firm of chartered accountants
(d) Evidence of financial capability from reputable Bank(s)
(e) Company’s profile, organogram, and resume of relevant key technical staff, including an individual attestation of availability. Include copies of professional certificates with seal and endorsement.
(f) Verifiable evidence of similar projects previously undertaken, including letters of awards and Completion Certificates within the past three (3) years; indicate the financial value of these similar projects.
(g) Evidence of registration with Jigawa State Due Process Office
(h) Any additional information that will enhance the potential of the contractor.
4. COLLECTION AND SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS AND COMPANY PROFILES
Interested firms are to collect bid documents from the Jigawa State Water Board Dutse on payment of a tender fee of TWENTY THOUSAND NAIRA (N20, 000). The tender fee is to be paid to JIGAWA WATER BOARD. Collection of tender documents shall commence from 9 August 2021 between 9.00 am to 3.00 pm Mondays to Fridays, except on public holidays. Lasted for two weeks only.
The bidder shall submit a technical proposal and financial in separate envelopes. The evaluation shall be based on 60% for technical proposal and 40% for financial proposal. For Technical Evaluation Criteria, the minimum pass score is 60 marks out of 100. Proposers that fail to reach his score will not be considered further.