NATIONAL AGENCY FOR THE CONTROL OF AIDS (NACA)-
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANTS ON COMMUNITY-DIRECTED INITIATIVES THAT IMPROVE ACCESS TO HIV AND STI SERVICES AND RETENTION AMONG AGYW AND KEY VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
NATIONAL AGENCY FOR THE CONTROL OF AIDS (NACA)
ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANTS ON COMMUNITY-DIRECTED INITIATIVES THAT IMPROVE ACCESS TO HIV AND STI SERVICES AND RETENTION AMONG AGYW AND KEY VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
The Government of Nigeria under the leadership of NACA in collaboration with the Implementing Partners has received support from Global Fund to conduct an operations research on Community directed initiatives that improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and key vulnerable populations. This operation research will primarily be useful for identifying models that work to address some the barriers to access for AGYW and KP including inmates and transgender persons. Identifying strategies that work will inform improvements to program quality and efficiency and effectiveness. It will also complement other M&E activities that will be conducted and together will provide much-needed information about which interventions and service delivery models work or do not work for reaching AGYW and key populations (inmates and transgender).
This document outlines the terms of reference for the conduct of this operation research among the AGYW and KP in six states.
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
The goal is to conduct operations research to identify, document and disseminate successful strategies used at the community level to improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and key populations including inmates and transgender persons.
• To identify, assess and document community directed initiatives that improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and KP including inmates and transgender persons.
• To identify, assess and document specific strategies for removing barriers to treatment access and retention for AGYW and KP transgender persons.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Operations research will be taking place in six (6) states of the federation. The Consultants will provide technical support for the activities that include protocol development, questionnaire/tool development, training of data collectors, data management (data collection, data quality assurance, and data analysis), report writing and dissemination of finding. The consultants will be directly supervised by the technical core team for the research, with oversight from the RM&E and Community Prevention and Care Service Departments of NACA.
The specific tasks will include the following;
• The consultants will support the design and implementation of the Operation Research.
• The consultants will support the development of draft research protocol and data collection tools required for the Operations Research.
• Facilitate workshop to finalize the research protocol and data collection tools
• Facilitate the training of data collectors for the study
• Supervision of field data collection, and ensure compliance with the methodology proposed.
• Development of data entry template, data analysis and report writing plan and share with the technical core team for approval
• Responsible for data management (quality check), analysis and interpretation and report writing.
• Development of factsheets and scientific papers for publication.
• Build the capacity of NACA staff on data management and scientific writing.