NIGERIAN COMMUNICATION COMMISSION (NCC)-
INVITATION TO NCC’S VIRTUAL INTERNET OF THINGS (loT) CODE CAMP AND HACKATHON
INVITATION TO NCC’S VIRTUAL INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT) CODE CAMP AND HACKATHON
The NIGERIAN COMMUNICATION COMMISSION (NCC) as part of its Strategic Vision Plan 2021-2025 identified the need to encourage the development of new technologies and indigenous content through cutting edge research to stimulate sustainable economic growth and development in Nigeria.
Pursuant to the above, the Commission invites Tech Hubs, Innovation Driven Enterprises (IDEs) in Nigeria to enter eligible Start-ups and their solutions in the second edition of the NCC loT Code camp and Hackathon with focus on two categories:
i. Development of loT (Internet of Things) Solutions for Kidnapping and Banditry in Nigeria
ii. Assistive Robotics Solutions for Effective e-Waste Management
The NCC loT Code Camp and Hackathon will promote tech-driven enterprises and the adoption of loT based solutions from ideation to the development of hardware/software solutions as an outcome of the event. The best four solutions, two from each category (First and Runner-up) will receive Grants of N5million each for the development of the Solutions.
The criteria for participation in the competition include the following:
• The Enterprise MUST provide certificate of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
• The project should have clear relevance to one of the two categories above
• Clear problem statement, proposed solution and roadmap to deployment
• Proof of concept (which may also include technical feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, existing models or case studies, etc.)
• Novelty of solution (including a declarative statement on ownership of intellectual property).
• Solution including prototype development shall be concluded within 3 months of receipt of the Grant (including statement of application of funds)
All applications are to be made ONLINE.
There is no cost to enter the competition and full control and ownership of intellectual property of the entries remain with participant.
All entries must be made by a Tech Hub/Innovation Driven Enterprise who will register and submit on behalf of the entry the following documents:
a. Evidence of relationship with the Startup/solution being entered
b. 4-page Executive Summary of the project concept
c. 5-7 minutes video of the pilot project
d. Names, Age, contact details, passport photos and profile of all team members
e. Website (if available)
Interested and qualified Enterprise should submit the following documents above in a zip folder to: https://ncc.gov.ng/iothackathon2021. The subject of the mail should read “Submission from <business name>” and the zipped file named after the business.