NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
– REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) TELECOMMUNICATIONS-BASED RESEARCH INNOVATION FROM ACADEMICS IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS- 2020
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS DIGITAL ECONOMY
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) TELECOMMUNICATIONS-BASED RESEARCH INNOVATION FROM ACADEMICS IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS- 2020
The NIGERIAN COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION, the Regulator of the telecommunications industry in Nigeria, supports amongst other things, telecommunications-based innovations and research from tertiary institutions in the country that are practical, locally realizable and have clear potential of developing the telecommunications industry.
Pursuant to this objective, the Commission invites proposals from academics in tertiary institutions that have feasible research ideas, capable of replacing or enhancing foreign technologies in the telecommunications industry in Nigeria. It is envisaged that the initiative will help build capacity in the tertiary institutions and promote Nigeria’s contribution to the pool of technologies in use in the communications industry.
AREAS OF RESEARCH
• Innovative clean energy Technology
• 5G deployment in Nigeria
• IoT Low Power Wide Area Network (WAN) Technology
• Advanced method of Quality of Service (QoS)/Quality of Experience Management and test mechanism
• Monitoring and localisation of drones
Interested researchers are required to submit their proposals which must:
• Come from teaching Academics in Nigeria’s tertiary institutions, and
• Have a one-page executive summary of the research proposal to include relevance of the research to the telecommunications industry, deliverables, novelty of concept, methodology, team experience, project timeline and detailed cost schedule.