PLATEAU STATE WATER BOARD
– REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
PLATEAU STATE URBAN WATER SUPPLY PROJECT INSTITUTIONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CONSULTING SERVICES
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Plateau State Government of Nigeria (PLATEAU STATE WATER BOARD) has received financing from French Development Agency (“AFD”) to support the 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP 3). The project aims to provide technical and investment assistance to Plateau State Government in an effort to reform the urban water sector, provide basic water services in the state capital and achieve financial viability for its water utilities.
The Implementing Agency and contracting authority, on behalf of the Plateau State Government, is the Plateau State Water Board (PSWB). Plateau State Government Intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following services: Institutional and Organizational Technical Assistance.
The Services of the consultant shall include targeted capacity building of the Plateau State Water Board and its key stakeholders through a comprehensive strategic Needs Assessment focusing on:
• Assistance to the Plateau State government in preparing and implementing a redeployment plan of human resources of the water agencies:
• Analysis of the re-organization of PSWB with the following activities but not limited to:
• Analysis of the efficiency of the existing organizational structures
• Recommendations on measures to improve the overall effectiveness of the structures.
In addition, the Services of the consultant shall include assistance for a Change Management Program that will include strategies to support the Plateau State Water Beard, and its key stakeholders, in the transition under upcoming legislation. Specific capacity building interventions will be required over a sustained period to address key skill requirements for this new role, inter alia
• Cultural transformation,
• Revenue improvement,
• Non-revenue water reduction;
• Operation and maintenance improvement;
• Financial management and cost control
• Human resource capacity building,
• Structural reform and Operational reform