RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY
– REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR ENGAGING A FIRM TO DEVELOP A SUSTAINABILITY PLAN FOR THE ENERGIZING EDUCATION PROGRAMME (EEP)
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY
PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
NIGERIA ELECTRIFICATION PROJECT (NEP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) CONSULTANCY SERVICES – FIRM SELECTION
NIGERIA ELECTRIFICATION PROJECT
ADB LOAN NO: 200200003401
AGTF LOAN NO.: 5050200000551
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR ENGAGING A FIRM TO DEVELOP A SUSTAINABILITY PLAN FOR THE ENERGIZING EDUCATION PROGRAMME (EEP)
REFERENCE NO: REA-NEP/AFDB/CQS/03/2020
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN} has received financing from the African Development Bank (ADB) for the cost of Nigeria Electrification Project (NEP). The Rural Electrification Agency, the implementation Agency of I the FGN, intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payment under the contract for the Consultancy Services for the development of a Sustainability Plan for Solar PV Hybrid/Gas-Fired Power Plants, Existing Distribution Network Upgrade, Streetlights and Training Centres Under The Energizing Education Programme (EEP).
The scope of work for this assignment shall primarily include but not limited to the following:
• Development of a Sustainability Plan that will provide a set of recommendations covering well considered solutions, processes, activities, and commercial models that will ensure the continuous and effective ownership, operation, revenue collection maintenance and overall financially sustainable management of the projects under the EEP for a minimum period of fifteen years post successful conclusion of the construction phase thereof.
• Identification of the appropriate business model to include only the institutional. Legal and Commercial/Financial Components.
• Support on the definition of the Legal Agreements. Definition of the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder (REA, University, EPC/0&M Contractor. Distribution Company, on-campus commercial activities, students, etc.) and support on the drafting of the adequate agreements between them (MoU, PPA, O&M contracts, etc.).
• Support en the definition of the ownership structure: Support the definition of the best ownership structure regarding the scope of the project.
• Student engagement: Definition of the areas of potential involvement from the students.
• Preparation of a Financial Model for each university. This strategy should promote energy efficiency for those activities and should provide a financial contribution to the O&M costs of the future plants. The financial model should be run to ensure the financial sustainability of the plants, the renewable energy work training centres, and the install street lighting. The scope of the Financial Model should include the following:
o CAPEX (also considering where CAPEX may not be available):
o Revenue sources for each university:
o Output should be one average sustainable tariff:
o Tariff blocks for the different identified tariff groups
o Design financial indices for the min utility, and
o Make provisions for required investments for the year.
• Design a Billing Strategy: Based on the financial model, a tariff structure, a billing process and the infrastructure and resources needed for the customer interface need to be designed in order to implement a billing strategy for the on-campus commercial activities.
• In addition to the national allocations, one potential source of revenues can be the installation of meter on all on-campus commercial activities (Internally Generated Revenue).
The implementation period for the assignment & Six (6) Months
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.rea.gov.ng