RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT & TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION GRANT 2022
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY
RURAL ELECTRIFICATION FUND
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT & TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION GRANT 2022
In 2017, the Federal Government of Nigeria through the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) commends a programme for acceleration of electricity access to rural, unserved and underserved communities across Nigeria which is partly funded by capital grants provided through the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) In line with Section 88(11) of the Electric Power Sector Reform Act (EPSRA) 2005, the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) hereby invites reputable and interested renewable energy developers to submit Expression of Interest (Eol) for the Renewable Energy Concept and Technology Demonstration Grant (2022), to support the deployment of emerging technologies in the off-grid space, towards the exploitation of new ideas, improved structures, technological solutions and service processes which are crucial to accelerating access to electricity to rural and underserved areas across Nigeria.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
|LOT 001||RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION-NORTH-CENTRAL GEOPOLITICAL ZONE|
|LOT 002||RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION NORTH-EAST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE|
|LOT 003||RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION-NORTH-WEST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE|
|LOT 004||RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION-SOUTH-EAST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE|
|LOT 005||RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION-SOUTH-WEST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE|
|LOT 006||RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION-SOUTH-SOUTH GEOPOLITICAL ZONE|
The aforementioned projects are to be operated on a commercial Public-Private-Partnership arrangement, based on sustainable business models in remote rural and underserved communities in Nigeria, where such project(s) would have been economically unviable without this intervention.
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT
Prospective bidders are required to submit genuine copies of the following documents as their proof of eligibility:
i. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including copies of forms CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7 attached.
ii. Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years 2019,2020 2021 expiring 31″December 2022
iii. Current valid NEMSA License for project developers in the Electric Power Sector issued by the National Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA).
iv. Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above)
v. Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m) and above);
vi. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
vii. Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
viii. Sworn affidavit
• Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Rural Electrification Agency or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, stakeholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
• That the company is NOT in receivership or subject to any form of insolvency or bankruptcy or winding up petition or proceedings;
• hat no Director of the company has ever been convicted in any country of any criminal offense bordering on fraud or financial impropriety;
ix. Evidence of experience in executing and operating a grid extension project under a partnership with any distribution company using a sustainable business model that can benefit from the Fund
x. Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
xi. Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three years (2019, 2020, 2021) duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
xii. Evidence of ownership or lease of relevant equipment for execution of Rural Electrification project e.g. Side Drop Crane, Pick Up Van, Test Equipment, etc. (Please attach proof of ownership or lease agreement where applicable)
xiii. Duly executed Power of attorney or Board Resolution authorizing a designated officer of the company to act as a representative and to bind the company by signing all bids, contract agreement, and other documents with REA on behalf of the company, duly signed by the chairman and secretary.
xiv. Company’s profile with Curriculum Vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications- at least one of the key personnel of the company must be a COREN registered Electrical Engineer.
xv. For all Lots: Renewable Energy Technology Concept and Technology Demonstrations must provide the following additional evidence:
• Verifiable documentary evidence of any emerging Renewable Energy Technology projects of similar nature executed and operational (at least for the last 6 months), (Please attach letters of award, completion certificate and letter of comfort from the community (if applicable) to be verified by the Agency).
• That they are an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or an accredited agent of an OEM of Renewable Energy Technology product.
xvi. Attach a clean copy of the certified Receipt of Payment for Non-refundable Tender fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only,
xvii. Evidence that all documents for submission were transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter on the company’s letter Head paper, bearing among other things the Registration Number (RC) as issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (Preferable GSM No.) and Email Address. The Letterhead Paper must indicate the names and Nationalities of Directors of the company at the bottom of the page duly signed by the authorized person of the company.
In case of Joint Ventures or consortium:
xviii. For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
xix. All parties must submit a board resolution authorizing the consortium or joint venture
4. COLLECTION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Interested Bidders are to collect the Standard Bid Documents from the Procurement Directorate, REA Corporate Headquarters, 22 Freetown Street, Wuse 2, Abuja upon production of evidence of payment of the non-refundable tender fee of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) only per lot. All payments are to be made through Remita in favor of National Rural Electrification Agency (NREA) AND NOT Nigeria Electricity Project (NEP) using GIFMIS code 1000024043 after which bidders should proceed to REA Fund Management Directorate with their RRR to obtain Receipt of payment.
Original and photocopies of the Certified Receipt of Payment and Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) shall then be presented to the REA Procurement Directorate for collection of Standard Bid Documents. Collection of Documents shall be between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
5. SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
1. Interested applicants shall submit 3 (three) spirally bound hard copies i.e. one Original and two duplicate copies in A4 size papers, together with one soft copy in a CD or Flash Drive of expression of interest, all of which should be enclosed in a sealed large envelope. The envelope shall be marked at the top left corner with: “Expression of Interest for REF Call 2 Grant” with the preferred Lots & Sub-lots. Bids not spirally bound or bids that are stapled may be rejected. Bids should be addressed to:
The Managing Director/CEO
Rural Electrification Agency
Corporate Headquarters 22, Freetown Street
Wuse 2, Abuja.
2. The reverse side of all the envelopes used must bear the BIDDER’S NAME and address as well as the authorized contact person’s phone number (All written out in capital letters)
3. Additionally, interested applicants are also to submit soft copies of their EOl with accompanying scanned documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF files not exceeding a total of 20 MB in size. Please enter “Your Company Name – EOI-RENEWABLE ENERGY CONCEPT AND TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION GRANT” in the subject line. Please attach all documents in a single email.
4. Submission deadline for Expression of Interest documents for all Lots is 12:00 noon on Monday, 1 August 2022. Documents received after the above deadline shall be rejected and returned unopened to the bidders who submitted them.
5. Application documents should be arranged and numbered or paged in the order they are listed in paragraph 3.0 and the authorized representative of the Firm should sign every page of the submission.
6. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The Pre-Qualification Documents for all LOTS and SUB-LOTS shall be opened immediately after the close of submissions at 12:00 noon on Monday, 1 August 2022. The public opening of Documents on each day shall take place at REA Corporate Headquarters, 22 Freetown Street, Abuja in the presence of bidders, their representatives and observers from invited professional Bodies and Civil Society Organizations.
All Bidders of their representatives are enjoined to ensure that they sign the Hid Submission Register and obtain Bid Acknowledgment Receipt before dropping their bids in the Tender Boxes, as REA will not be held responsible for lost, misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
7. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
i. Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder,
ii. Each bidder is permitted to submit a pre-qualification document for ONE (1) LOT. Any bidder discovered to have submitted for more than ONE (1) LOT shall be disqualified:
iii. Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for the financial stage and bidder’s workshop
iv. Companies found to be related or which have the same directors or personnel shall be disqualified;
v. Failure to adhere to the instructions in the FGN Standard Bidding Documents adopted for this Procurement shall result in disqualification. It is mandatory to complete all the relevant Sections of the Bidding Documents;
vi. Project developers with a history of abandonment/non-completion of rural electrification projects or other government contracts shall be disqualified;
vii. Submission of fake documents in support of a bid may lead to prosecution as all documents received shall be referred to the issuing authorities and/or security agencies for verification;
viii. Attendees at the bids opening shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will recovered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidders who choose to join the bid opening online.
ix. Bidders can submit through post (courier services).
i. This advertisement is published only for information purposes and does not constitute an offer, commitment or obligation by REA to transact with any party nor entitle any project developers to make any claims, whatsoever, or seek any indemnity from the Agency.
ii. The bidder shall bear all costs and expenses incurred in connection with the preparation of Documents or submission made in response to this invitation or in response to any inquiry or clarification arising from this exercise.
iii. The Rural Electrification Agency pledges fair and equal treatment of all bidders but is not bound to prequalify any bidder, and in line with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Agency reserves the right to annul this procurement process at any time in the public interest without incurring liabilities to itself.
All inquiries and request for clarification regarding this publication may be directed to:
Rural Electrification Agency, Corporate Headquarters,
22 Freetown Street, Wuse 2,
The Managing Director/CEO, REA