SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED-
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROVISION AND MAINTENANCE OF WELLHEAD SECURITY CAGES WITH INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM (IDS) FOR SPDC
THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP JOINT VENTURE
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: PROVISION AND MAINTENANCE OF WELLHEAD SECURITY CAGES WITH INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM (IDS) FOR SPDC
TENDER REF: CW512442
NipeX Tender No. SPDC.00000396
1.0 SHELL hereby announces to interested and prequalified companies an upcoming tendering opportunity for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of intrusion detection system/protection cages in SPDC. The proposed contract is estimated to tentatively commence in Q4 of 2021 and remain active for Two (2) Years duration, followed by one (1) year extension option.
Please visit the Nigerian Petroleum Exchange Portal www.nipex-ng.com for further details.
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK
The specific work scope activities to be executed by the contractor include provision of, but not limited to:
Well Head Cages and Ancillaries
• Design Well Head Intruder detection enabled cage across location as would be determined.
• Cages materials made of reinforced galvanized steel mesh, The frames/bars are made of galvanized noncorrosive pipes.
• Cage with a door and fitted with superior lock to make it difficult to be cloned or compromised
• The contractor shall be responsible for the training and retraining of the technical personnel to ensure efficiency and value
• Two Deep cycle type of battery per cage with average lifespan of 12 months. Batteries are to be changed after one year for optimum use
• Supply and install solar panels and alarm systems to be held inside the cage
• Supply and install a specialized operating unit per cage and also integrate the system and commission it for service
• Supply and install an encased, fireproof, and intrinsically safe container which will hold all the electronic materials, including batteries to prevent fire hazards
• The cage is designed to be sensitive to metal, wooden ladder or an attempt to climb the structure.
• Chiseling attempt
• Hack saw
• Forceful impact on the door.
• All the cables and sensors are conduit and buried inside the pipes/frames, completely invisible. Same with the control units and batteries which are enclosed inside an intrinsically safe container held inside the cage.
• Sensors and cables must be concealed in a manner to eliminate or substantially reduce compromise
• The device raises an audible alarm; this scare away the vandals and attracts the attention of the immediate environs on the presence of intruders.
• Alarm strength must be adjustable as may be required. The system must also have the flexibility to be compatible with GSM, Tetra and Satellite systems.
• The device also sends calls to programmed phone lines once vandals attempt to make their way into the well head environment giving details of the wellhead number and location in just five seconds of intrusion attempt. This gives the response team enough time to attend to the situation before any form of damage is done on the wellhead by the vandals.
• More than one communication device can be alerted at the same time. In low network areas, the system is compatible with alternative platforms including tetra radio and satellite technologies.
• Communication devices are configured with the Wellhead ID, hence caller IDs/ringtones specific to wellhead locations are programmed with each device and are visible when calls or messages come through. The system can also be tested by sending calls to specific wellhead
Source of Power
• The system runs on a 12volts solar panel and in the case of no sun for some time, the stored energy can last for several days.
• Solar panels and other operating component to be secured within the confines of the cage in a way that tampering with the component will trigger on alert, both sound, and SMS
One-Year Warranty (Defects In Materials And Workmanship)
• The vendor shall replace oil defective materials and defects arising from poor workmanship.
• The Contractor shall provide all materials and labour for associated Security, logistics, and installation of the cage up to commissioning
• The Contractor shall provide for all maintenance, repair, and upgrade works related to the cage and its components including engineering, etc. This service also includes multiple simultaneous activities within the location.
• The Contractor shall attend to distress calls as maybe required from time to time by the COMPANY.
• The Contractor shall visit the Well Head location for pre-installation measurements, evaluations, and ground preparation works
• The Contractor shall employ local labour from the community for works in the location and watch-keeping during installation works at the site
3.0 MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
(1) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product/Service Categories 3.05.17 and 1.16.01 in the NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive a Technical & Commercial Invitation to Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open www.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your login details, dick on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(3) If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8, Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
(4) To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Other Mandatory requirements:
(1) Current relevant Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) Permit for the provision of the services within these scope
4.0 NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act and also provide the following requirements:
• Provide evidence of company Ownership Structure form C02 and C07, registration on NOGIC JQS, and DPR certificate.
• A detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (Technical/Administrative offices and fabrication yard etc.) in Nigeria to support this contract.
• In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
• Submit Tenderer’s corporate organizational and project/contract specific organogram. CV’s of all personnel (Technical personnel as stated in the scope of work) listed in the project organogram should be submitted. For any position to be occupied by an expatriate, tenderer shall provide evidence to obtain expatriate quota approval granted by NCDMB before any expatriate is deployed to execute this work scope”.
• Bidders shall provide evidence of Nigerian-owned vessels (not limited to tugboats, barges etc.) to be engaged in this project and must be categorized as Nigerian-owned in the NCDMB latest Marine vessel categorization publication via the NOGIC JQS.
• In line with the latest NCDMB NCEC approved guideline, bidder shall provide NCEC Category (1-4) in the Construction and Movable equipment group (EC).
• Details of in-country procurement plan and Binding MOA to source goods and materials not limited to cables, battery, with names and addresses of the Nigerian manufacturers and suppliers.
5.0 CLOSING DATE
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the relevant Product/Service category 3.05.17 and 1.16.01 Safety/Protection/Security/firefighting systems, Architectural refurbishment, Fire & Gas halon, and Security Equipment & Accessories respectively as at 12 August 2021, being the advert closing date, shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.