SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
– TENDER OPPORTUNITY: IMPLEMENTATION OF TETRA COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK IN SPDC
THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY OF NIGERIA LIMITED
OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP JOINT VENTURE
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: IMPLEMENTATION OF TETRA COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK IN SPDC
(NIPEX TENDER NO: 1000004632)
The Shell Petroleum Developed Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) in its role as Operator of the NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture hereby announces to interested and prequalified companies an upcoming tendering opportunity for implementation of Tetra Communications Network in SPDC.
SPDC plans to further expand its Tetra digital trunked radio network to provide coverage over its entire geographical oil concession area in the Niger Delta region. Currently, SPDC’s Tetra network coverage is over a relatively sizeable portion of its operational area in the Eastern Division and is composed of Motorola Dimetra central switch, several Motorola MTS2 repeaters installed, with several dozens of Motorola MTP8550EX hand portables, MTM5400 mobile, and base radios.
The implementation of this expansion of SPDC Tetra Network shall be deployed using existing SPDC’s telecommunication infrastructure. SPDC hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and line with the requisite expertise in Motorola systems, experience, skilled manpower and Technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender.
The proposed contract will provisionally commence in Q4 2020 and remain active for 2 years duration, followed by 1-year extension option.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work for the services shall include but not limited to
• Detailed survey of the sites to assess current state of existing Telecom Infrastructure
• Perform an integration design showing detailed telecom and data communications interface
• Acquire licenses from the Ministry of Communications (MOC to cover the planned frequencies
• Procure, install, integrate and commission fixed base stations and mobile repeaters (on vehicles and boats).
• Provide Tetra hand portables
• Procure, install and commission mobile radios (for vehicles & boots
• Procure, install and commission desk / base radios Implement the Tetra AUL (Automatic User Locator system for installed hand portables and mobile radios
• Procure, install and commission Tetra Gateways (DMO/TMO repeaters for temporary coverage extension to areas with weak or no signals)
• Decommission existing VHF/UHF trunked radio and disused antennas as may be necessary
• Provide Tetra hardware spares and post installation support and maintenance (where required)
• Provide OEM training on tetra technology, installation, maintenance and operation.
• Perform formal coverage drive testing, commissioning and handover to Telecoms Operations for maintenance and support.