STAR DEEP WATER PETROLEUM LIMITED-
TENDER OPPORTUNITY FOR PROVISION OF 2021 PSC NON- LIFE (NAIRA AND DOLLAR) OPERATIONAL INSURANCE PROGRAM
STAR DEEP WATER PETROLEUM LIMITED
A CHEVRON COMPANY
OPERATOR OF AGBAMI UNIT (OML 127/128)
PROVISION OF 2021 PSC NON- LIFE (NAIRA AND DOLLAR) OPERATIONAL INSURANCE PROGRAM
NIPEX TENDER NO: STARDEEP.00000068
Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited (Star), a Chevron company and operator of the Agbami field on behalf of its co-venturers (FAMFA Oil Limited, Equinor Limited, Prime 127 Nigeria Limited, and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), invites Interested and prequalified companies with relevant experience to this tender opportunity for the Provision of 2021 PSC Naira and Dollar Operational Insurance Programs.
The proposed contract term is 1(One) year with an option of 2 (two) years extension (1+1).
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK:
The Insurance shall Include but not limited to physical loss or damage to Property, Marine Cargo, and – Third Party Liability Risks.
For the Naira insurance policy, the insurer shall retain 100% of the risk and also liaise with the Insurance Broker appointed by Star Deep for the purpose of good underwriting, claims administration, policy documentation, renewals, endorsements etc.
For the Dollar insurance policies, the Insurer shall retain a percentage of the risk in Nigeria and reinsure the remainder of the risks with leading international underwriters. The Insurer shall justify, by verifiable proof of evidence with NAICOM approval certification, that all in-country capacity for the risk has been utilized before it can re-insure the excess capacity with leading International underwriters. The Insurer shall liaise with the appointed Reinsurance Broker for the purpose of reinsurance with foreign Underwriters with minimum of ‘A’ rating by an international rating agency. The Insurer shall also handle claims services, policy documentation, renewals, endorsement etc.
3.0 TENDER REQUIREMENTS:
(A) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested bidders are required to be pre – qualified and “live” in the 3.14.07 (Non-Life Insurance Services) in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database.
All successfully pre-qualified and ‘‘live” bidders in this category by the bid close date will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(B) To determine if you are pre-qualified and to view the product/service category you are listed for:
Open http://vendors.nipexjqs.com and access NJQS with your log in details. Click on Products/ Services Status tab to view your status and product codes.
( c) If you are not listed in the product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, please contact NipeX office at 8-10 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
(D) To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipex.ng.com click on services tab followed by NJQS registration.
(E) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system
4.0 NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
STAR is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in observance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
Pursuant to enactment of the NOGICD Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the schedule of the Act and any other target as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
Interested bidders shall comply with the provisions of the NOGICD Act and all applicable regulations. Bidders that do not meet the Nigerian Content Criterion will not be allowed to participate in next Tender Stage
The following are the Nigeria Content requirements bidders are expected to comply with in their technical bid submission.
(1) Provide evidence of company Ownership Structure form C02 and C07, registration on NOGIC JQS and DPR certificate.
(2) Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (Administrative office) in Nigeria to support this contract.
(3) Provide a project-specific training, man-hour budget, skill development and technology transfer plan for Nigerian personnel or Indigenous business including evidence of past performance on training and development for Nigerians nationals & Indigenous business: Plan for sponsorship of Nigerians to acquire competence and/or certification. Further development of local employees as professionals. Bidders are requested to execute an enforceable MOA with Local Training Service Provider (OGTAN member) for the provision of training services in specific technical disciplines involved in the project.
(4) Submit Tenderer’s corporate organizational and project/contract specific organogram. CV’s of all personnel (as required by the Client and the service) listed in the project organogram should be submitted.
(5) Tenderer shall submit valid proof of: Evidence that the under-listed insurance target can be handled in-country.
-70% for Non- Life Insurance
-40% for marine Insurance
-100% for insurance broking services
Note that these Insurance risks will be placed in-country with Nigerian Insurers and 100% Nigerian Insurance Brokers will be utilized in line with NAICOM guidelines and procedures.
(6) Provide proof of NAICOM approval certificate that all in-country capacity for the risk have been utilized before any reinsurance of the excess capacity with International under writers.
(7) Tenderer shall provide evidence of Current NAICOM certificate and MOA with Re Insurance company.
5.0 CLOSE DATE
Only bidders who are pre-qualified and “live” with 3.14.07, (Non-Life Insurance Services) NJQS Product/Category by 16:00 Hours, November 10, 2020 being the advert close date, shall be invited to submit technical bid.