LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT OFFICE OF PUBLIC-
PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP & LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR STRATEGIC PARTNERS ON THE OPERATION & MANAGEMENT OF LAGOS STATE IMOTA RICE MILL UNDER A PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP SCHEME
THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT OFFICE OF PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP & LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR STRATEGIC PARTNERS ON THE OPERATION & MANAGEMENT OF LAGOS STATE IMOTA RICE MILL UNDER A PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP SCHEME
BACKGROUND INFORMATION AND PROJECT SCOPE
(1) The Lagos State Government (“LASG”) through the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture (LSMOA) has fully constructed an integrated rice processing mill (Imota Rice Mill) with production capacity of 32MT/H of paddy.
(2) The rice mill complex at Imota is a 22-hectare (22Ha) facility located in Ikorodu, with the core mill capacity of about 8.5 Ha consisting of complete sets of twin milling lines, two (2) product warehouses, 16 paddy storage silos with capacity of 2,500 MT each, water treatment plant and an effluent processing plant. The complex also contains a staff quarters, administrative block, car park and dedicated firefighting facility.
(3) The Imota Rice Mill Project is being executed to close the supply gap of rice in the State, ensure food security, reduce dependency on rice importation, as well as create over 250,000 direct and indirect jobs through the rice production value chain.
(4) LASG is already exploring partnerships with key paddy producing states to secure paddy for the Imota Rice Mill.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
(5) LASG cordially invites both domestic and International firms or consortium of firms to submit an EOI to enter into a Strategic Partnership to manage, operate and maintain the rice mill with a medium-term vision to securing equity co-ownership.
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
(6) The evaluation of EOIs will be accomplished by a duly constituted Evaluation Panel consisting a team of Public Procurement, PPP, and Agricultural finance experts using the following criteria:
(a) Demonstrated technical and managerial experience in operating large rice mills and technical know-how in managing supporting utilities for large rice mills of 16MT/Hr and above
(b) Demonstrated experience in aggregating paddy sufficient to feed the capacity of the Imota Rice Mill
(c) Demonstrated experience in managing large out-grower schemes.
(d) Demonstrated experience in distributing the output and products of the Imota Rice Mill through various market channels
(e) Demonstrated experience in capital raise functions along with evidence of viable financial position
(7) Respondent(s) should follow the instructions below when submitting their
LANGUAGE OF PRESENTATION
(8) The EOI and corresponding documents should be in English.
COMMUNICATION DURING THE EOI PERIOD
(9) Respondent(s) who require clarification on any technical or commercial matter may notify the Office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture, not later than 30 of August, 2020. The Office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture will respond in writing to any request for clarification through email correspondence. There shall be no individual presentation by or meeting with Respondent(s) until after 6 of September, 2020.
SUBMISSION OF-EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(10) Respondent(s) shall submit an electronic copy by email of Its EOI and associated documents to the Office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture through the Imota Tender Project mail box – (Imota.Tender@lagosstate.gov.ng) and the Project Advisors (email@example.com not later than 5:00pm WAT, 6 of September, 2020.
(11) Respondent(s) will also be required to submit physical copies of their EOIs and associated documents to the Tender box located at the following address
Office of the Honourable Commissioner
Ministry of Agriculture
Block 23, 1st & 2nd floors
Lagos State Secretariat
VALIDITY PERIOD OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(12) The validity of the terms and conditions outlined in the EOI must excise _ months from the submission date. In exceptional circumstances, the office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture may solicit the applicant’s consent to an extension of the period of validity.
MODIFICATION AND WITHDRAWAL OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(13) Respondent(s) may withdraw their EOI after submission provided that a signed written notice of withdrawal is received by the Office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture prior to the closing date.
(14) Modifications and submission of amendments will be permitted in the event that the Office of the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture makes a material change to the EOI.
EVIDENCE OF REGISTRATION
(15) Respondent(s) will be required to register with the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency (PPA) prior to submission of the response to the ensuring Request for Proposals (RFP) To regrets with PPA visit www.lagosppa.gov.ng