NATIONAL PRIMARY HEALTH CARE DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
NIGERIAN POLIO ERADICATION SUPPORT (NPESP AF3)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES– FIRMS SELECTION)
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
NIGERIAN POLIO ERADICATION SUPPORT (NPESP AF3)
PROJECT NO. P130865
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: ENGAGEMENT OF FIRM FOR SUPERVISION OF LAGOS HUB CONSTRUCTION
REFERENCE NO: NPESP/CS/AF3/014
The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) is a Federal Government Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) responsible for the development and strengthening of primary health care services including Immunization in Nigeria.
The NPHCDA is implementing a redesign of its national immunization supply chain. One main objective of the redesign plan is to construct a new Lagos Hub for storage and distribution of vaccines and other health commodities. There are two stores currently utilized as vaccine and dry goods stores, but they have insufficient storage space to accommodate the country’s need for the Lagos Hub.
The Government of Nigeria has received credit from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank) towards the cost for the redesign, and construction of a Hub with two megastores for vaccines and other health commodities. The project will also include construction of office accommodation as part of the Hub.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUPERVISION CONSULTANT FOR CONSTRUCTION OF 3 HUB PROJECT
The objectives of consulting service are to assist the National Primary Health Care Development Agency to Implement the Project as follows:
a) To ensure high standards of quality assurance in the execution of work and completion of work within stipulated time period;
b) Comprehensive supervision of project implementation activities carried out by the Contractor to ensure complete compliance with the drawings, technical specifications and various stipulations contained in the Contract Documents
c) Efficient construction supervision by personnel who are experienced in modern methods of construction supervision and contract management.
d) Act independently and on behalf of the Agency to review all activities associated with Construction to ensure compliance of requirements of Contract Agreement to have a sound Project.
e) Report to Agency on the financial and technical aspects of the project.
SCOPE OF SERVICES, TASKS (COMPONENTS) AND EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
General Supervision Considerations:
To achieve the core objectives of this assignment, the supervisory consulting firm will develop a work plan and provide qualified and skilled personnel in sufficient numbers to ensure the completion of the tasks listed below in a manner consistent with the international best practice and standards adopted for the NPHCDP
The scope of the assignment will include but not limited to the following:
The Scope of the Consulting services includes but is not limited to the following activities:
• Hand-over site to the construction contractor in company of the client and any relevant stakeholders
• Supervise the works and to approve the construction materials and workmanship.
• It will have no authority to relieve the Contractor of any of its duties or obligations under the contract.
• The Consultant will be responsible for the supervision of all construction work. The Consultant will administer the Construction Contract and ensure that the contractual clauses, with respect to both quality and quantity of work are respected and the works are constructed in accordance with the provisions of the Construction Contracts. The Consultant will be required to nominate a Representative who will be full time resident on the Project.
• The Supervision Consultant will make all necessary measurements and control the quality of works. The Supervision Consultant will make all engineering decisions required for the successful and timely implementation of the Construction Contracts in consultation with the Agency.
• The Supervision Consultant shall undertake a review of the Construction Contracts for the purpose of identifying any omissions, which compromise the completeness or consistency of the design. This review shall be carried out immediately after the services commence and shall be completed within two months. On completion of the review, the supervision consultant shall prepare a report on this review which sets out all findings and recommendations for making good any omissions identified. Notwithstanding the above, the Supervision Consultant shall immediately inform the Agency of any omission which may have a substantial impact on the Project at the time the omission is uncovered. The Supervision Consultant shall submit four copies of the review report to the Agency.
• Organize site meetings and act as secretariat
In addition to or as an expansion of the activities and responsibilities required of the Agency, as detailed in Construction Contracts, the Supervision Consultant will, undertake, but not limited to the following:
You need to login to view the rest of the content. Please Login
. Not a Member? Join Us