UPS NG LTD
– CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR OUTSIDE GROWTH PROVIDER IN KOGI AND KATSINA STATES
UPS NG LTD – OUTSIDE GROWTH PROVIDER, KOGI AND KATSINA:
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
This call for Expression of Interest are for establishments who are interested in partnering with UPS NG Ltd. to grow business in Kogi and Katsina States as an independent contractor. Details regarding the contents of proposals and submission procedures are explained herein.
United Parcel Service, Inc. (“UPS”) was founded in 1907 as a private messenger and delivery service in Seattle, Washington. Today, we are the world’s largest package delivery company, a leader in the U.S. less-than-truckload industry and a premier provider of global supply chain management solutions. We operate one of the largest airlines in the world, as well as the world’s largest fleet of alternative-powered vehicles. We deliver packages each business day for 1.6 million shipping customers to 9.9 million receivers in over 220 countries and territories. In 2019, we delivered an average of 21.9 million pieces per day, or a total of 5.5 billion packages.
We serve the global market for logistics services, which includes transportation, distribution. Since 1994, we have been active in Nigeria, with strong footprints across the country. UPS NG Ltd. service offerings include, Small package, Airfreight, Ocean Freight, Customs Brokerage, Ground transport, and Warehousing and Distribution, contract logistics, ground freight, ocean freight, air freight, customs brokerage, insurance and financing. We have three (3) reporting segments: U.S. Domestic Package and International Package, which together we refer to as our global small package operations, and Supply Chain & Freight.
The OGP, “Outside Growth Provider”, shall support UPS Nig. Ltd. to grow business in the Service Areas (Kogi and Katsina States) by assisting UPS to identify sources of volume and revenue and is authorized and obligated to pick up and deliver UPS parcel shipments (“UPS Shipments”) to customers’ addresses as instructed by UPS within the Service Areas as an independent contractor.
The scope of the OGP’s obligations includes the loading, unloading of UPS Shipments, as well as the collection and delivery of UPS Shipments on behalf of and to the account of UPS, perform export document processing and key entry operations.
• The Contractor must be business owners with requisite financial capability to invest in the project.
• Contractor must have the ability to deliver exceptional world class services on a continuous basis.
• Contractor must be a duly registered company with requisite documentation, CAC, Tax certificates, Insurance.
• Contractor must have good local knowledge/influence in Service Areas they seek to operate in order to grow our collections in these locations over time. Contractor must be ready to work with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) defined by UPS Nig. Ltd. and its amendment(s) from time to time.
• Contractor must be ready to meet and exceed the revenue and service performance criteria to be defined by UPS Nig. Ltd. from time to time.