– REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR SHORT TERM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR URBAN HOUSEHOLD & CUSTOMERS WATER USE, DEMAND SIDE ANALYSIS AND ABILITY TO PAY FOR IMPROVED WATER SERVICES STUDIES IN FIVE STATES WATER BOARDS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR SHORT TERM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR URBAN HOUSEHOLD & CUSTOMERS WATER USE, DEMAND SIDE ANALYSIS AND ABILITY TO PAY FOR IMPROVED WATER SERVICES STUDIES IN FIVE STATES WATER BOARDS – ABIA SWSC (LOT 1); DELTA USWB (LOT 2); IMO SWC (LOT 3); NIGER SWB (LOT 4); TARABA SWA (LOT 5)
The USAID Effective Water Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) is a 4-year program with the main objective of strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of five (5) State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The six SWBs are as follows: ABIA SWSC (LOT 1); DELTA USWB (LOT 2); IMO SWC (LOT 3); NIGER SWB (LOT 4); TARABA SWA (LOT 5).
The project is working towards achieving the following four objectives:
• Create professionally managed and commercially oriented SWBs
• Improve the financial and operational viability of SWBs
• Strengthen policy, institutional, and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services
• Build national and state WASH advocacy, coordination, and communications for reform The project is being implemented by RTI International (www.rti.org), which is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multi-disciplinary research that improves the human conditions. E-WASH to this effect is inviting interested, eligible and competent Consultancy Firms and Service providers via this Expression of Interest (EOI) to respond on their willingness to be shortlisted to the following consulting services: For Short term Technical Assistance for urban household & customers water use, demand side analysis and ab ility to pay for improved water services studies in five states water boards – Abia SWSC (LOT 1); Delta USWB (LOT 2); Imo SWC (LOT 3); Niger SWB (LOT 4); Taraba SWA (LOT 5)
The cardinal objectives of the assignment are:
• To conduct sector wide Demand-Side analysis and Ability to Pay studies using surveys, questionnaires and appropriate tools on which basis the consultant shall, recommend strategies the SWB management could adopt for improving water demand;
• To review the current socio-economic status of the respective urban areas served; this will also include the review of whatever existing tariff instrument or policies are in current use and comment on their age, relevance and justification as may be necessary;
• To Develop a practical and effective water demand-side management (DSM) strategies for the SWBs;
• To undertake an assessment and evaluation of the ability to pay for urban water services across the target service areas.